Тема: Цікаві місця Великобританії.
Мета: Формувати комунікативні уміння і навички учнів з теми
Вдосконалювати навички читання та аудіювання
Розвивати комунікативні здібності учнів, елементи аналітичного та критичного мислення
Виховувати вміння давати суб’єктивну та об’єктивну оцінку.
Обладнання: Підручник, робочий зошит, картки для індивідуальної роботи
І. Початок уроку
1. Бесіда з класом
T: Good morning, my dear children! What day/date is it today? Please open your copybooks and write down the date.
Today is an unusual lesson. We are going to learn English while travelling to London. You will be able to visit the well-known places of interest in the capital, to discover some new things about them and even see them. So, let’s continue our travelling around London today!
ІІ. Фонетична зарядка.
1. Phonetic training
T.: The first station of our trip is "Phonetic Station”. Let’s practice sound [t]
Repeat after me: A Poem
I want to study in Oxford
And visit British Isles
To start my learning English
To read, to write, and to be bright.
ІІI. Основна частина уроку
1. London Sightseeing Tour (Слайди)
2. Read the text and match the paragraphs with the headings.
A. Buckingham Palace
B. St. Paul's Cathedral
C. Trafalgar Square
D. Westminster Abbey
1. It was founded in 1050 as a monastery, but later it was rebuilt. Nearly all the kings and queens of Britain were crowned and buried there. The Abbey is a symbol of English traditions. One of the treasures of the Abbey is the ancient Coronation Chair.
(D. Westminster Abbey)
2. This cathedral is the most famous of all English architecture. The largest bell in England is in the Clock Tower of the cathedral. Inside the cathedral you can see many monuments to generals and admirals. (B. St. Paul's Cathedral)
3. The square is named in commemoration of the naval battle of Trafalgar in 1805. On the middle of the square the Nelson Column was erected. Four bronze lions are at the base of the column. (C. Trafalgar Square)
4. The palace in the official London residence of the Queen and her family. Above the State Entrance is the central balcony where the Royal Family appear on occasions of national holidays. (A. Buckingham Palace)
3. Ех.Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions about the photos. Use the prepositions: in the middle of, in front of, behind, on the left of, on the right of.
1. Where is the Nelson Column? - It is in the middle of Trafalgar Square.
2. What is the Buckingham Palace?- It is the official residence of the Queen.
3. What can you see in front of the Buckingham Palace? - We can see a big square with lots of beautiful flowers,
4. What is there on the left of the Buckingham Palace?- There is a monument.
5. What can you see in front of the Nelson Column? - We can see red double-decker buses.
4. Look at the cards. Write which places of interest in London Peter is going to visit during his trip to Great Britain. Use the words: to be going to, to have fun, to visit.
- On Monday he is going to make a London sightseeing tour.
- On Monday Peter is going to make a London sightseeing tour.
- On Tuesday he is going to visit Natural Museum and see its exhibition.
- On Wednesday he is going to the Planetarium and have fun there.
- On Thursday Peter is going to visit St Paul's Cathedral and admire its beauty.
- On Friday he is going to the National Theatre to see an interesting play.
- On Saturday he is going to visit Madam Tussaud's Museum and have fun there.
- On Sunday he is going to visit the Albert Hall.
5. Write which places in London you would like to visit.
In London there are a lot of places to visit. I would like to see the beauty of St Paul's Cathedral. I want to see the Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the Queen. I also want to visit Madam Tussaud's Museum. Its wax exhibition is famous all over the world.
1. Ex.2 p.123 Look at the pictures and say as in the example.
Example: Mary is from London. (Mary lives in London.) London is the capital of Great Britain.
- Mark is from Belfast. (Mark lives in Belfast.) Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland.
- Julia is from Edinburgh. (Julia lives in Edinburgh.) Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.
- John is from Cardiff. (John lives in Cardiff.) Cardiff is the capital of Wales.
2. Ex.3 p. 123 Listen and read.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is situated in Europe, on the British Isles. It is an island country. About 56 million people live in the UK.
People call the country Great Britain for short because it is the name of the biggest island. There are also about 2,000 smaller islands.
There are four countries in the UK - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. London is the capital of England. Cardiff is the capital of Wales. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland. Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland.
People who live in Great Britain are Britains. They are English. They all speak English, the official language of the country.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the country of long history and many interesting traditions.
3. Ex. 4 p. 124 Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. What is the official name of the country?- The official name of the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
2. How many parts does Great Britain consist of? What are they?- Great Britain consists of four parts. They are England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
3. What are their capitals?- London is the capital of England. Cardiff is the capital of Wales. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland. Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland.
4. How many people live in the UK? - About 56 million people live in the UK.
5. What is the official language of the country? - English is the official language of the country.
4. Ex. 5 p. 124 Read and complete the sentences.
1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is situated on
the British Isles.
2. There are about 56 million people in the country.
3. The country consists of four parts England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
4. London is the capital of England.
5. Cardiff is the capital of Wales.
6. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.
7. Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland.
6. Ex. 6 p. 124 Match the words (1-6) with the words (a-f). Then make sentences to talk about the UK.
Example: Island - country - an island country — Great Britain is an island country.
1. Island a) language
2. Interesting b) island
3. Long c) island
4. Big d) traditions
5. Small e) country
6. Official f) history
V. Заключний етап уроку
2. Підведення підсумків уроку